Recreational Vehicle Insurance
Recreational Vehicle Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Recreational Vehicle Insurance Information
Recreational vehicles (RVs) give many people a great way to travel—and live. Wherever they want to go, they have their homes with them. RVs require insurance protection, especially since you’re not only driving your vehicle but also caring for your possessions. The John L Sprague Insurance Company provides RV insurance to Maryland residents based on their specific needs, and we can also help you obtain the right RV insurance.
How Much RV Insurance Do I Need?
Various factors determine how much and the type of RV insurance you may need. Maryland requires all RV owners to carry insurance on their recreational vehicles, but the types of coverage required depend on the type of RV. If your RV is the trailer-type that you tow (i.e., not drivable on its own), you might be able to purchase coverage as an endorsement on the vehicle that tows your RV. However, if your RV has an engine and drives, you need to purchase RV insurance coverage. John L Sprague Insurance Company can help you assess your RV insurance needs and get suitable coverage.
What Makes RV Insurance Different From Auto or Home?
RV insurance is a unique coverage and differs from auto or home insurance. Although RVs can be homes and be driven, RVs require different coverage than what a standard auto or home policy may offer. We can help you explore the differences and why your RV needs specific coverage.
What Does RV Insurance Cover?
RV insurance is not a particular kind of insurance but rather numerous coverages. Your specific type of RV will help guide the type of coverage you may want. Some types of insurance coverage you may want to consider include the following:
· Campsite and vacation coverage may protect you if someone is injured or their property is damaged when you’re using your RV on vacation or at a campsite.
· Collision insurance might cover damage to your RV after an accident.
· Comprehensive insurance might pay for vehicle damage from nonaccident mishaps, such as weather damage.
· Full-time residence insurance might be beneficial if you live in your RV permanently.
· Liability insurance may insure against damage you cause to others if you are at fault in an accident.
o Bodily injury liability coverage might pay for their medical bills (and, in some cases, deaths).
o Property damage liability coverage might pay for damage to the other driver’s property, such as their vehicle.
· Medical coverage might pay for your medical bills and those of your passengers.
· Uninsured/underinsured insurance might protect you against damage caused by someone else who doesn’t have adequate liability coverage.
There may be additional coverages that are right for you. Contact us today to discuss your insurance needs and find out whether we can provide additional insurance solutions.
How to Get RV Insurance
The John L Sprague Insurance Agency helps southern Maryland residents with their personalized RV coverage, and we can also help you. Call us at 301-934-6010 to start on your RV insurance policy.